About the Firm
Experienced Wisconsin Lawyers Help Clients Secure Social Security Disability Benefits
Comprehensive counsel for elderly and disabled claimants in La Crosse
Social Security Disability (SSD) provides benefits to eligible Americans who become disabled before they are ready to retire. But in order to obtain this government-funded aid, you must meet the Social Security Administration’s (SSA) requirements, and your application must be filled out completely and correctly. At Fitzpatrick, Skemp & Associates, LLC, in La Crosse, we have represented Wisconsin and Eastern Minnesota residents in SSD matters since 2001. Attorney Dave Fitzpatrick has handled more than 1,200 hearings for seniors and disabled clients. Whether you’re filing for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or appealing an unfair result, our trusted legal team is ready to advocate fervently for your rights.
Professional guidance for people seeking disability benefits in Wisconsin
When a disability prevents you from working and earning an income, knowing where to turn can be difficult. Our lawyers can carefully assess your case and determine your best option for obtaining the benefits you need. Throughout Wisconsin, clients seeking SSDI and SSI benefits turn to our firm because we are:
- Reputable — We are known for providing high-quality, dependable legal service to elderly and disabled clients. In addition to being a Social Security Law Section Board Member, attorney Dave Fitzpatrick has recovered more than $18 million dollars in the past 10 years for claimants.
- Established — Founded more than 16 years ago, our firm continues to deliver skilled legal representation to clients at all stages of the Social Security Disability process.
- Responsive — Our dedicated attorneys recognize the significance of your claim and respond promptly to your calls, messages, and emails as we work together to get you the benefits you need.
If you seek benefits through SSDI or SSI, we offer a free initial consultation with a knowledgeable lawyer at our firm so you understand the eligibility requirements and your rights before proceeding.
Areas of Practice
Strong representation for SSDI and SSI claimants
Our firm represents clients in Wisconsin and Minnesota who seek Social Security Disability benefits through these two programs:
- Social Security Disability Insurance — In SSDI, a government-funded insurance program (which employees pay into through payroll deductions), your disability must be serious enough to prevent you from gainful employment, and you must have a sufficient employment history based on work credits amassed over a certain time period. Our attorneys have both the skill and the determination to help you file for the benefits you’re entitled to and file a request for reconsideration if your initial application is denied.
- Supplemental Security Income — Unlike SSDI, SSI is not an insurance program based on one’s employment history, so it doesn’t matter how long you’ve worked. While both programs are administered by Social Security, SSI offers benefits to disabled adults and children (as well as people over age 65) with very limited income and resources. We help clients file SSI claims and appeal denials.
Waiting to find out if your Social Security Disability claim has been accepted can be unnerving. With 100 years of combined legal experience, our attorneys have the knowledge and skill to vastly improve your chances of receiving the benefits you deserve.
Contact a seasoned team of Social Security Disability lawyers in La Crosse
Fitzpatrick, Skemp & Associates, LLC is committed to representing elderly and disabled clients in Social Security Disability matters in Wisconsin and Eastern Minnesota. Please call 608-433-0305 or contact us online
to schedule a free initial consultation at our La Crosse office.